HID Global’s pivCLASS Mobile Validator is a handheld software application that verifies PIV, PIV-I, CIV, TWIC, FRAC, CAC and other types of credentials using the mobile handheld’s contact or contactless reader interface.
The software is designed for use on Datastrip ruggedized mobile biometric readers.
When deployed with pivCLASS Data Import, the software can also be used to read and display card serial numbers from MiFARE DESFire, iCLASS and proximity cards, as well as photos and access rights of cardholders.
When deployed with the drivers’ license option, the software can be used to read and display U.S. drivers’ license data.
- Supports revocation checking using CRLs and TWIC Canceled Card List (CCL)
- Provides network-based functionality to download credential data stored in the pivCLASS PACS Service database (e.g., photos, names, TWIC privacy keys, etc.)
- Supports the export of audit trail information to a database server
- Supports multiple ruggedized mobile biometric readers
pivCLASS Mobile Validation Software supports the following mobile handheld readers:
- MorphoTrak Work About Pro
- DAP 3240PHYSICAL ACCESS SOLUTIONSpivCLASS mobile validation software verifies PIV, PIV-I, TWIC, FRAC, CAC, CIV, Prox, and DESFire credentials using a mobile handheld reader's contact or contactless interface. HID offers two pivCLASS Mobile products: pivCLASS Mobile Validator and pivCLASS Mobile Registration Engine; both designed to provide hands-free validation of all types of FIPS 201 cards. The card's authentic-ity is verified using one, two or three factor authentication to ensure that the card is genuine and has not been tampered, copied, cloned, lost, stolen or shared. Verification is achieved through a combination of signature checks, cryptographic private key challenge, PIN and fingerprint checks. It also checks that the certificates on the card have not been revoked by the credential issuer using the issuers, Certificate Revocation List (CRL) or the TWIC Canceled Card List (CCL).When configured in one of the four TWIC authentication modes, it functions as a TSA ICE-listed mobile TWIC reader. When oper-ating in "Non-TWIC" mode, the pivCLASS mobile validation software determines the card type and applies appropriate validation rules for that card type's data model and the interface mode (contact or contactless).pivCLASS Mobile Validator provides network-based functionality between the mobile hand-held and the pivCLASS database, including:Database synchronization between pivCLASS database and mobile handheld supporting the down-loading of photos, names, access rights and TWIC privacy keys hidglobal.comMOBILE VALIDATION FOR VERIFICATION OF FIPS 201 CREDENTIALS AND OTHER CARDSAudit trail exporting to a database server (in real- time or batch mode) Downloading server-based configuration policies pivCLASS Mobile Registration Engine adds additional functionality to:Register cardholder informa-tion into the PACS head-end Assign access rights Allow existing proximity or DESFire card to be linked to the FIPS 201 credential The pivCLASS Data Import module can be added to synchronize the pivCLASS and PACS head-end databases. When a change is detected in the PACS database Data Import updates the pivCLASS database and pushes this data to the mobile handhelds during the next mobile device data synchronization. It can be used to extract credentials, access rights and user-defined cardholder information from the PACS database so that these data are available to the pivCLASS mobile handhelds when a card is presented. Allows an operator to verify that a card is registered in the PACS and has appropriate access rights. Ideal for use with proximity, DESFire and FIPS 201 cards.