In an increasingly mobile-first world, the need to integrate mobile connectivity into products and services is rapidly growing. iCLASS SE® Reader Modules allow integrators to design third-party solutions that support mobility via near field communication (NFC) or Bluetooth Smart alongside a full range of contactless card technologies.
The iCLASS SE Reader Module’s dual frequency capability allows the simultaneous use of both high and low frequency credentials on the same reader for mixed credential applications. The updated modules also provide new features including enhanced autonomous mode functions for easier host integration and low temperature capabilities for use in harsh environments.
To simplify and speed integration, HID Global provides an iCLASS SE Reader Module Developer Tool Kit (DTK) containing the necessary tools, documentation and developer resources to shorten integration cycles and reduce time to market with finished products.
- Flexible – Simultaneously supports low and high frequency credentials, including iCLASS® Seos®, HID Prox®, iCLASS SE®, MIFARE® Classic and MIFARE DESFire® EV1; supports NFC and Bluetooth for mobile devices.
- Manageable – Firmware is field-upgradable to extend the lifecycle of customer installations.
- Compliant – Supports strictest security standards such as EAL5+ to ensure regulatory compliance and restricted access to corporate resources.
- Versatile – Offers third-party products the ability to securely interoperate with the iCLASS SE® platform, connecting access control across the organization.
The iCLASS SE® Reader Module is a dual-frequency, embeddable device allowing third-party devices to support mobility via near field communication (NFC) or Bluetooth Smart alongside a full range of contactless card technologies.
RF Transmit Frequency:
- 13.56MHz +/- 50ppm High Frequency
- 125kHz +/- 1kHz Low Frequency (Prox)
- 2.4GHz – 2.48GHz Bluetooth Smart (with optional iCLASS SE Reader Module BLE Xtender)
Supported Credentials and IC's:
- 13.56MHz: • iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos®; PIV II, Secure Identity Object® (SIO®), MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE DESFire 0.6, MIFARE DESFire EV1
- 125kHz: HID Prox, Indala Prox, EM4102, AWID Prox
- BLE: Mobile devices featuring Bluetooth 4.x (or higher), Android 4.3 (or higher), iOS 7 (or higher)
Operating Temperature:-31 to 149°F (-35 to 66°C)
- Supply voltage 3.6 – 10V DC
- Supply voltage 5-10V (HF+LF)
- <120 mA during card polling
- <10 uA in ultra low power mode
Note: An additional 75mA is drawn by the heater circuit in temperatures below -31°F (-35°C)
Up to 848kb/s (depending on IC & OS)
Wiegand, Clock-and-Data, or UART
UL Recognition (Recognized Component) to UL294 for the USA and CSA C22.2 No. 205 for Canada. CE, FCC 47 Part 15 modular approval, RoHS, WEEE
- Extender – Provides compatibility with HID Mobile Access utilising Bluetooth Smart and includes Bluetooth Smart Antenna and coaxial cable
- HF Antennas
- - 34 x 48mm (1.34 x 1.89 in)
- - 38 x 83mm (1.5 x 3.26 in)
- LF Antenna
- 65 x 28mm (2.56 x 1.10 in)
- Combined HF & LF Antenna
- - 34 x 48mm (1.34 x 1.89 in)