HID's iCLASS® SIO-Enabled (iCLASS® SE™) smart cards with MIFARE® technology are part of the next-generation SIO-enabled access control platform and open ecosystem based on HID's Trusted Identity Platform™ (TIP) architecture. Going beyond the traditional smart card model, HID Global's next generation access control platform offers a secure, standards-based, technology-independent and flexible identity data structure based on Secure Identity Object (SIO), a new HID portable credential methodology.
HID MIFARE credentials have the memory structure and capacity to store multiple applications on a single credential. Securely separated sectors that are each protected by a set of two keys and programmable access conditions allow complex applications and provide for future expansion. The data on the card is protected with encryption keys used in the mutual authentication process.
Key Features of the iCLASS® SE smart card with MIFARE technology features:
- Ensures data authenticity and privacy through the multi-layered security of HID's SIO.
- HID Global's TIP for secure provisioning.
- SIO data binding inhibits data cloning by binding an object to a specific credential.
- New access control platform that offers secure, standards-based, technology-independent and flexible identity data structure.
The iCLASS® SE card with MIFARE technology is a 13.56 MHz read/write contactless smart card is a credit card-sized credential that can be used for diverse applications such as physical access control, PC logon, biometric verification, time and attendance, cashless vending, public transportation, airline ticketing and customer loyalty programs.
Typical Maximum Read Range*
- Up to 4"
*Dependent upon installation conditions.
- 2.125" x 3.375" x .03" (5.4 x 8.57 x 0.076 cm)
- EEPROM, 1Kbyte (8,192 bits) or 4 Kbytes (32,768 bits)
- MIFARE 1K: memory arranged in 16 64-byte Sectors
- MIFARE 4K: memory arranged in 40 Sectors: 32 sectors of 64 bytes, 8 sectors of 256 bytes