Using 13.56 MHz contactless smart card technology, the iCLASS® RWK400 provides a powerful solution. Combine a contactless card presentation with a personal identification number (PIN) to support dual authentication of identity. Or, configure the panel for single-factor authentication, using only a card or a PIN.
The PIN can be verified either at the access control panel or locally by the keypad reader. When verified locally, the PIN must be programmed into the iCLASS card.
The RWK400 offers the same features as the RK40, with the extended ability to read/write user data to HID iCLASS credentials. Read/write applications include the storage/retrieval of data such as biometric templates, health records, time and attendance, and digital cash. The possibilities are endless!
- Supporting read/write applications, the RW400 reads/writes user data to HID iCLASS credentials that offer either 2Kbits (256Bytes), 16Kbits (2KBytes)or 32 kbits (4KBytes) of data storage.
- Read/write applications include IT secure authentication, biometric template storage, digital cash, time and attendance, equipment/material use or checkout and transit passes.
- The 12-position weatherproof keypad uses discrete switches to provide positive tactile response, optionally reinforced by an audible tone.
- The keypad also features a waterproof silicone rubber boot, vandal-resistant metal keycaps, and backlit numbering
Typical Read Range
iCLASS® Card: Up to 4” (10.2 cm)
iCLASS Key/Tag: Up to 1.25” (3.2 cm)
MIFARE / DESFire Card (CSN): Up to 2” (5.1 cm)
3.3” x 4.8” x 1.1” (8.5 cm x 12.2 cm x 2.8 cm)
13.56 MHz contactless smart cards
- ISO 15693 - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS Credentials; serial number
- ISO 14443A – read only; MIFARE and DESFire® (serial number) iCLASS
- ISO 14443B - read only; 2k bit (256 Byte), 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) and 32k bit (4k Byte) iCLASS Credentials, serial number
- US Government PIV (Rev B Reader Only)
- FeliCa IDm, CEPAS CAN/CSN (Transit Reader Only)
Lifetime. Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for life. (See complete warranty policy for details.)