iCLASS® smart card reader/writers and cards make access control and read/write applications more powerful, more versatile, and most importantly, offer enhanced security through encryption and mutual authentication.
At the same time, iCLASS is user-friendly, delivering the convenience, affordability and reliability of proximity technology, for which HID is known worldwide.
Using the 13.56 MHz technology platform, the iCLASS RW300 contactless smart card reader/writer combines the longer read range of proximity with the power and heightened security of smart card technology.
Supporting smart card read/write applications, the RW300 reads/writes user data to HID iCLASS credentials that offer either 2k bit (256 Byte) or 16k bit (2k Byte) of data storage.
Smart card read/write applications include IT secure authentication, biometric template storage, digital cash, time and attendance, equipment/material use or checkout and transit passes. Featuring crisp architectural styling, the smart card reader/writer has an elegantly curved faceplate. The high intensity, three-color light bar provides clear, visual feedback even in direct sunlight. Selectable, distinct tone sequences indicate status conditions.
Experience enhanced versatility:
- Use one smart card reader to read standard proximity format data from HID iCLASS credentials or unique serial numbers from MIFARE® cards.
- Confidently install the smart card reader knowing that the Wiegand output easily interfaces with most existing Wiegand protocol access control panels.
- To support smart card read/write applications, the bi-directional RS232 serial port provides connection to a PC or microcontroller.
Appreciate advanced security:
- All RF data transmission between the card and smart card reader/writer is encrypted using a secure algorithm.
- By using industry-standard encryption techniques and advanced key management systems, iCLASS reduces the risk of compromised data or duplicated cards.
Be secure in knowing:
- iCLASS complies with the ISO 15693 standard for contactless smart card technology. Standards are important in smart card technology because they make it possible for many equipment and application developers to work with the smart card technology and create a broader range of uses for the card.
- iCLASS technology can extend the use of your access control credential into other applications today and tomorrow