The HID VertX® products provide a complete and fully featured hardware/firmware infrastructure for access control software host systems.
The V100 Door / Reader Interface connects two access control card readers via Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface controlling either one or two doors. The V100 features on-board flash memory, allowing program updates to be downloaded via the network. The V100 connects to the V1000 through a high speed RS-485 network. The V1000, in turn, communicates with the system host via industry standard TCP/IP protocol over 10/100 Mbps Ethernet or the Internet. This architecture minimizes the impact on corporate LANs by using only one TCP/IP address for every 32 interfaces and by handling low-level transactions on the RS-485 network.
- Reports supervised inputs.
- Connects to the V1000 via RS-485.
- Receives and processes real time commands from the V1000.
- Reports all activity to the V1000.
- Attractive polycarbonate enclosure protects components from damage.
- All connections and indicators are fully identified by silk-screened nomenclature on the cover.
- Processes off-line access control decisions based on facility code.
- UL 294 and UL 1076 recognized components.
Dimensions: 5.8" W x 4.825" H x 1.275" D (147.32 mm x 122.55 mm x 32.38 mm)
Weight: 12.4 oz (.35 kg)
Power Supply Requirements: 60 mA @ 9-18 VDC (with no readers connected) Recommended: Supervised linear power supply with battery backup, input surge protection, and AC fail and battery low contact outputs. When VertX is supplying power to readers the requirements are 600 mA @ 9-18VDC. The V100 can supply 500 mA to two readers
- RS-485 - 4000 feet (1220 m) to host, using Belden 3105A, 22AWG twisted pair, shielded 100? cable Wiegand - 500 feet (150 m) to reader - using ALPHA 1299C 22AWG, 9-conductor, stranded, overall shield (Fewer conductors needed if all control lines are not used).
- Input Circuits - 500 feet (150 m), 2-conductor, shielded, using ALPHA 1292C (22AWG) or Alpha 2421C (18AWG)
- Output Circuits - 500 feet (150 m), 2-conductor, usingALPHA 1172C (22AWG) or Alpha 1897C (18AWG) Minimum wire gauge depends on cable length and current requirements.
- UL 294 and UL 1076 Recognized Component for the US
- CSA 205 for Canada
- FCC Class A Verification
- EMC for Canada, EU (CE Mark), Australia (C-Tick Mark),
- New Zealand, Japan
- EN 50130-4 Access Control Systems Immunity for the EU (CE Mark)