HID's Proximity and FlexSmart® MIFARE contactless smart card combines smart card technology with the benefits of HID's proven proximity smart card technology. The contactless proximity smart card can be used for diverse applications such as access control, cashless vending, public transportation, event ticketing, customer loyalty and photo ID cards. Securely separated sectors enable multiple applications and support future growth. Different keys can protect read/write operations to build key hierarchies in the system.
As a transition solution, the proximity smart card is ideal for companies that want to add MIFARE smart card applications to an existing HID proximity technology access control system. Manufactured to the highest quality standards, HID Proximity and MIFARE smart card credentials have the memory structure and capacity to store multiple applications on a single smart card credential. The data is protected with encryption keys used in the mutual authentication process. Therefore, no important data will be shared until the proximity smart card and reader have been authenticated to each other.
When security and performance count most, HID's FlexSmart MIFARE contactless proximity smart cards can be produced with visual security and anti-counterfeiting features such as holograms, ultraviolet fluorescent inks, micro-printing or a custom logo to quickly and easily identify genuine cards.
Key Features of the MIFARE & HID Proximity Smart Card:
- Multiple Formats - Supports all HID proximity card formats, including Corporate 1000,
- Transition Solution - Add smart card applications to existing HID proximity card technology access control system,
- High Security - Mutual authentication, data encryption and unique 32-bit serial number.
- Proven, Reliable Technology - Offers extremely consistent proximity card read range. Unaffected by body shielding or variable environmental conditions, even when proximity smart card is close to keys and coins.
- Multiple Memory Types - Available in MIFARE 1K and 4K.
- True Credit Card Thickness - Use with all direct image and thermal transfer printers.
Typical Maximum Read Range*
MIFARE: Up to 4" (10 cm)
Prox: 2" - 4.5" (5.0 - 11.4 cm)
2.125" x 3.375" x .03" (5.4 x 8.57 x 0.084 cm)
Gloss white/white PVC or PVC/Polyester Composite
EEPROM, 1Kbyte (8,192 bits) or 4 Kbytes (32,768 bits)
MIFARE 1K: memory arranged in 16 64-byte Sectors
MIFARE 4K: memory arranged in 40 Sectors: 32 sectors of 64 bytes, 8 sectors of 256 bytes