Hotline 24 hours
- Home Page
- EDGE EVO Controllers
- HID® EDGE EVO® Solo ESHR40-K Networked Controller/Reader & Module
HID Global’s EDGE EVO® Solo ESHR40-K Controller/Reader and Module is a cost-effective, stand-alone, IP-enabled access control solution that is designed for sites with one or two doors in an indoor environment. Distributing intelligence right to the door, the single-door solution provides the ability to power all devices around a door using Power over Ethernet (PoE), significantly reducing total door installation costs by eliminating the need to install a separate power supply. It also utilizes less expensive CAT5 wiring compared to traditional structured cable.
The ESHR40-K is a single door controller/reader and module with native interfaces to four inputs and two outputs. CAT-5 cable is routed directly to reader/controller located next to the door – an internal four-wire bus then connects the reader with a secure-side installed module (e.g. installed opposite reader on secure side wall or in ceiling). All door components are wired in a star-network like fashion directly to the module. The ESHR40-K is ideal for securing a single monitored door located indoors that uses traditional door components.
- Supports traditional door IO – REX, DPS, Lock. In total 4 inputs and 2 outputs.
- Includes iCLASS reader for interoperability with iCLASS credential technology
- Expandable to 16 inputs and 6 outputs.
- Optimized for IT-savvy installations where smart switches disable network ports in case of tamper.
- Manages up to 1000 cardholders/credentials.
- Wet or dry door relays, including 12 or 24 VDC wet relay lock support.
The solution does not require additional software to be installed since it is equipped with an easy-to-use user interface provided through a standard web browser. The All-in-One Door Dashboard user interface enables the site administrator to add user information, modify access rights, pull history reports, monitor door activity and conduct general administration of the controller.
EDGE EVO Solo is built on HID Global’s OPIN® development platform and can be remotely reconfigured through the web browser from stand-alone operation to a system controller in a host environment of multiple controllers.
- Model (and Part #): ESHR40-K (83120CKI000)
- Mounting Holes: US Single-gang and EU / APAC 60mm
- Dimensions - EHR40: 3.3" W x 4.8" H x 1.2" D (83.9 mm x 122.2 mm x 30.5 mm)
- Dimensions - EDM-M: 3.3" W x 5.0" H x 1.5" D (84.0 mm x 127.0 mm x 37.0 mm)
- Weight - ESHR40: 6.3oz (180g)
- Weight - EDM-M: 4.9oz (140g)
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% relative, non-condensing
- Communication Ports: Ethernet (10/100), Hi-O CANbus
- 13.56 MHz Card Compatibility: 13.56 MHz iCLASS HID Application, ISO14443A CSN
- Warranty: Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for 18 months (See complete warranty policy for details).
- DC Input (MAX) @ PoE: 14.4W (300mA @ 48VDC)
- DC Input (MAX) @ AUX +12VDC:18W (1500mA @ 12VDC)
- DC Input (MAX) @ AUX +24VDC: 36W (1500mA @ 24VDC)
- Supervised Inputs Power (MAX) : 0.025W (5mA sink, 5V nominal) 0 to +5VCD Ref
- DC Input @ PoE: 8W
- DC Input @ AUX +12VDC:13.1W
- DC Input @ AUX +24VDC: 26.6W
- Hi-O CANbus Output Voltage, DC Input = PoE: 24VDC
- Hi-O CANbus Output Voltage, DC Input = AUX: AUX +VDC