HID Global’s EDGE EVO Solo ESH400-K Networked Controller is a cost-effective, stand-alone, IP-enabled access control solution that is designed for sites with one or two doors utilizing traditional door hardware in an outdoor environment. Distributing intelligence right to the door, the solution provides the ability to power all devices around a door using Power over Ethernet (PoE), significantly reducing total door installation costs by eliminating the need to install a separate power supply. It also utilizes less expensive CAT5 wiring compared to traditional structured cable.
The ESH400-K is a single door controller with native interfaces to four inputs, two outputs and a single Wiegand reader. The controller is optimized for interoperability with any Wiegand or Clock-and-Data reader (sold separately). The CAT-5 cable is routed to the ESH400-K which is designed to be located near the door in a secure area, and all door components are wired in a star-network like fashion directly to the controller. The ESH400-K is an ideal solution for securing a single door that uses traditional door components. The model meets an organization’s needs of working with any Wiegand reader located either outdoors or indoors.
- Connects to any Wiegand or Clock-and-Data reader
- Supports typical door IO – REX, DPS, Lock and Wiegand or Hi-O Reader. (4 inputs and 2 outputs in total).
- Tamper resistant with IP termination located in a secured area for customers not using managed switches or organizations concerned with physically accessible IP cables
- Expandable to support 16 inputs and 6 outputs and a second Wiegand/Clock-and-Data reader
- Manages up to 1000 cardholders/credentials
- Manages 8 schedules and 3 intervals each day
The solution does not require additional software to be installed since it is equipped with an easy-to-use user interface provided through a standard web browser. The All-in-One Door Dashboard user interface enables the site administrator to add user information, modify access rights, pull history reports, monitor door activity and conduct general administration of the controller.
EDGE EVO Solo is built on HID Global’s OPIN® development platform and can be remotely reconfigured through the web browser from stand-alone operation to a system controller in a host environment of multiple controllers.
- Model (and Part #): ESH400-K (83000CKE)
- Mounting Holes: US Double-gang, US Single-gang and EU / APAC 60mm
- Dimensions: 6.1" W x 4.8" H x 1.5" D (154.9 mm x 122.5 mm x 37.1 mm)
- Weight: 11.3oz (320g)
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% relative, non-condensing
- Communication Ports: Ethernet (10/100), Hi-O CANbus, Wiegand or Clock-and-Data
- Warranty: Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for 18 months (See complete warranty policy for details).
- DC Input (MAX) @ PoE: 14.4W (300mA @ 48VDC)
- DC Input (MAX) @ AUX +12VDC:18W (1500mA @ 12VDC)
- DC Input (MAX) @ AUX +24VDC: 36W (1500mA @ 24VDC)
- Supervised Inputs Power (MAX) : 0.025W (5mA sink, 5V nominal) 0 to +5VCD Ref
- DC Input @ PoE: 9.6W
- DC Input @ AUX +12VDC:14.4W
- DC Input @ AUX +24VDC: 28.8W
- Hi-O CANbus Output Voltage, DC Input = PoE: 24VDC
- Hi-O CANbus Output Voltage, DC Input = AUX: AUX +VDC