- Secretary/ Administrator
Sallary : 0
Start Date : 31 Mar 2015
End Date : 30 Jun 2025
- A secretary or administrator provides both clerical and administrative support to professionals, either as part of a team or individually.
- The role plays a vital part in the administration and smooth-running of businesses throughout industry.
- Secretaries/administrators are involved with the coordination and implementation of office procedures and frequently have responsibility for specific projects and tasks and, in some cases, oversee and supervise the work of junior staff.
- Most work involves both written and oral communication, word processing and typing, and requires relevant skills such as IT, organizational and presentation skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. In some cases, secretaries/administrators are required to have high-level qualifications and/or previous experience in specialist sectors, such as law, for example.
- Devising and maintaining office systems.
- Booking rooms and conference facilities.
- Using content management systems to maintain and update websites and internal databases.
- Attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes.
- Managing and maintaining budgets, as well as invoicing.
- Liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts.
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment.
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organizing and sending outgoing post.
- Liaising with colleagues and external contacts to book travel and accommodation.
- Organizing and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;