HID Global's SIO-Enabled MIFARE® DESFire® EV1 + Proximity cards are part of the next-generation access control platform and open ecosystem based on HID's Trusted Identity Platform® (TIP™) architecture. HID Global's new access control platform extends beyond the traditional smart card model to offer a secure, standards-based, technology-independent and flexible identity data structure based on Secure Identity Object™ (SIO), HID's new portable credential methodology. The MIFARE DESFire EV1 + Proximity Smart Card 13.56 MHz read/write contactless smart card technology can be used for diverse applications such as physical access control, PC logon, biometric verification, time and attendance, cashless vending, public transportation, airline ticketing and customer loyalty programs.
Key Features of the 38xx SIO-Enabled MIFARE DESFire EV1 + Proximity Smart Card:
- Ensures data authenticity and privacy through the multi-layered security of HID Global's SIO.
- HID Global's TIP for secure provisioning.
- SIO data binding inhibits data cloning by binding an object to a specific credential.
- 125 KHz Proximity with convenient read range and flexible format programming.
The 13.56 MHz read/write contactless MIFARE DESFire EV1 + Proximity smart card is credit card-sized and can be used for diverse applications.
Typical Maximum Read Range*
- Up to 4" for MIFARE
- Up to 7'' for Prox
- 2.125" x 3.375" x .03" (5.4 x 8.57 x 0.076 cm)
- Model 3800: Thin, flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) laminate
- Model 3856: Composite Polyester/PVC
- EEPROM, 8 Kbytes (32,768 bits)
- Dynamic memory structure