For OEM application developers who need to interface to HID proximity cards in order to implement third-party applications, the HID ProxPoint® Plus OEM Module is a full featured HID Proximity reader board that provides access to this industry's largest 125KHz contactless card population. Unlike other HID proximity OEM solutions, the HID ProxPoint Plus OEM module can come fully equipped with beeper, LED and stock antenna to deliver full reader functionality. Simple interface and installation will allow OEM applications access to all HID proximity card formats, including both long and short card formats up to 85 bits long.
The ProxPoint Plus OEM Module provides a full reader solution which can easily be integrated into any third-party application product, including but not limited to cashless vending, biometrics, time and attendance, alarm system control, HVAC control, process control and point of sale terminals. Ordering options allow for customization of the reader, including options to include beeper, LED and stock antenna, as well as configurations for beeper, LED and other custom configurations.
Enabling HID Proximity for third-party applications is simple. By monitoring Wiegand or Clock-and-Data lines, the ProxPoint Plus OEM Module will identify application users by sending unique card number information to the host. Using this unique information, the host can positively identify the card holder, and complete the application transaction.
- Flexible Power Requirements and Low Current Consumption - With on board power regulation, the ProxPoint Plus OEM Module can accept between +4.75 and +16 VDC power, and on average consume only 35mA, while consuming only 100mA during a card read.
- Small Board Size - Taking up only minimal room inside a third-party product, the module only requires 2.3" x 1.4" (58.4mm x 35.6mm)
- Security - Recognizes card formats up to 85 bits, with over 137 billion unique codes.
- External Interface - Outputs in either Wiegand or Clock-and-Data protocols. Behavior can be controlled by numerous input lines including beeper, multicolor LED, card present and hold lines.
- Warranty - Warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.
Typical 3" with ProxCard II on non-metallic mounting
Four notches on the edges of the circuit card – one near each corner
Also 0.385" hole in the center of the circuit board
Mounting holes may not be drilled through the circuit board.
2.3" x 1.4" x 0.311" (58.4mm x 35.6mm x 7.9mm)
4.75VDC -16VDC (Linear recommended)
35mA Nominal, 100mA Peak
-30ºC to 65ºC (-22ºF to 150ºF)
5% to 95% non-condensing
Wiegand or Clock and Data Interface: 500ft (150m) 22AWG
All 125KHz HID Proximity Cards